Benefits Offered to Qualified Utah Veterans
Veterans’ benefits are available to those individuals who have served the country in some military related capacity. Some of the veterans benefits in Utah that are available to qualified applicants include:
- Compensation for Indemnity and Dependency – This compensation is a benefit for Utah disabled veterans. Military veterans with disability may be eligible for a monthly compensation if they contracted a disease or were injured while in service or because of it.
- Special Compensation – This is a monetary benefit available to veterans who suffered a loss of extremities or organs during military service. It is a special benefit on top of the VA disability compensation.
- Death Benefits – Qualified dependents of deceased wartime veterans are entitled to receive this benefit.
- Memorial Benefits – The Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense offer memorial and burial services for present and past members of the military. These include all veterans, retired veterans, guard, reserve, and active-duty members.
- Benefits for Survivors – Benefits are available to alleviate the surviving family’s financial burdens.
The VA provides a special disabled veteran benefits to veterans and their spouses who are in need of assistance with their activities of daily living. The VA Pension with Aid and Attendance rating can assist a disabled veteran with costs associated with home healthcare, assisted living, and skilled nursing care for themselves and their spouses.
Qualifying for Disabled Veterans Benefits Aid & Attendance
Veterans must have served at least 90 days active duty, with one of those days being during a wartime period – and he or she must have received a military discharge other than dishonorable.
A veteran or spouse must be in need of daily aid and attendance in order to avoid the everyday hazards of his or her environment.
A veteran or spouse must be paying out-of-pocket for costs relating to their long-term healthcare needs
Aid and Attendance has certain asset and income requirements that a veteran or spouse must meet in order to qualify.